Prohibited Items Policy
Veuniq is not a curated marketplace. However, for a variety of reasons, we prohibit certain types of items to be sold on Veuniq. Some items present legal risks to our community; others are inconsistent with our values, are harmful to our members, or simply are not in the spirit of Veuniq. This policy explains what is prohibited or restricted on Veuniq.
The following types of items are prohibited or restricted on Veuniq:
- Alcohol, Tobacco, Drugs, Drug Paraphernalia, and Medical Drugs
- Animal Products and Human Remains
- Dangerous Items: Hazardous Materials, Recalled Items, and Weapons
- Hate Items: Items that Promote, Support, or Glorify Hatred
- Illegal Items, Items Promoting Illegal Activity, and Highly Regulated Items
- Internationally Regulated Items
- Pornography and Mature Content
- Violent Items: Items that Promote, Support, or Glorify Violence
Policy decisions are complex. We consider many different and often divergent factors before coming to a decision about what is best for our community. Because we are a creative community, we err on the side of freedom of expression. We also tend to allow items that have educational, historical or artistic value, but we know that even those items are subject to a variety of valid and sometimes conflicting interpretations and emotional responses.
Art and history can be provocative, emotional and divisive. There are some topics on which we may never reach a consensus as a community, and that is okay.
In order to help provide clarity and insight into our policy making process, we have included the rationale behind our decisions and details about how they will be enforced. VeUniq reserve the right to remove listings that we determine are not within the spirit of Veuniq. Violating this policy may result in the member’s selling privileges being suspended and/or terminated.
1. Alcohol, Tobacco, Drugs, Drug Paraphernalia, and Medical Drugs
Alcohol and drugs are prohibited on Veuniq. These substances face serious legal restrictions and in many cases are considered controlled substances under applicable law. Our policy also applies to other substances that have or are claimed to have an intoxicating or healing effect. Possible legal restrictions aside, these substances are not in the spirit of Veuniq.
The following are examples of items that may not be sold on Veuniq:
- Tobacco products, smokeable products, e-cigarettes and e-liquid.
- Drugs and certain herbal substances, including substances used for recreational and medicinal purposes, regardless of their legality.
- Drug paraphernalia, including, for example: items with a carburetor; slides and/or items with a slide; bongs and bubblers; vaporisers and their components.
- Medical drugs, regulated medical devices, and pharmaceuticals.
Restrictions on descriptions of purported health benefits:
A medical drug claim is statement or suggestion that an item prevents, heals, or treats a medical condition or disease. Medical drug claims are subject to varying degrees of regulation. If you make claims about the purported health benefits of an item for sale on Veuniq, we urge you to speak with a qualified expert about which regulations apply to you. It is your responsibility to know and comply with all laws and regulations that apply to the items you sell.
Veuniq prohibits certain medical drug claims based on our values, such as claims likely to deceive or pose an unreasonable risk to our community. Veuniq may remove claims that we deem to be inappropriate, excessive, or otherwise unsuitable for our marketplace. We also remove content that promotes prohibited medical claims, such as anti-vaccine items. If Veuniq receives proper notice from a legal authority, we may remove an item. You can find more information on prohibited medical drug claims here.
2. Animal Products and Human Remains
Certain animal products are highly regulated and prohibited on Veuniq due to the risk of harm to live, companion, or endangered animals.
The following are examples of animal products that may not be sold on Veuniq:
- Live animals.
- Items created using any endangered or threatened animal species.
- Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Fauna and Flora (CITES).
- Items made from cat and dog parts or pelts as defined by US Federal Law.
- Ivory or bones from ivory-producing animals, including tusks, elk ivory, fossilised ivory and woolly mammoth ivory.
- Items made from human remains or products from the human body, except for teeth, fingernails, and hair.
3. Dangerous Items: Hazardous Materials, Recalled Items and Weapons
For safety and legal reasons, we prohibit certain dangerous items from our marketplace.
Due to the potential harm caused by hazardous materials, as well as complex legal and delivery regulations surrounding such materials, hazardous materials are prohibited on Veuniq.
While not exhaustive, the following materials are examples of prohibited hazardous materials:
- Explosives (fireworks or sparklers)
- Explosive precursors
- Flammable items
- Radioactive material
- Toxic substances (such as poisons)
Recalled Items or Items that Present Unreasonable Risk of Harm
Items that have been recalled by governments or manufacturers are prohibited from being sold on Veuniq.
Context matters when it comes to defining what is or is not a weapon. When in doubt, it’s safe to assume that we won’t allow any item intended to be used as a weapon to inflict harm.
4. Hate Items: Items that Promote, Support or Glorify Hatred
We want Veuniq to be a community where people of all backgrounds, nationalities, religions, political affiliations and even different types of artistic taste and humour feel welcome. Art is incredibly subjective, and what is offensive to one is not necessarily offensive to others.
Veuniq does not allow items or listings that promote, support or glorify hatred towards people or otherwise demean people based upon: race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, disability, or sexual orientation (collectively, “protected groups”). We also prohibit items or content that promote organisations or people with such views.
The following items are not allowed on Veuniq:
- Items that support or commemorate current or historical hate groups, including propaganda or collectibles.
- Items that contain racial slurs or derogatory terms in reference to protected groups.
5. Illegal Items, Items Promoting Illegal Activity and Highly Regulated Items
We respect the law and expect Veuniq sellers to respect the law as well.
Illegal items, items that promote illegal activity, and stolen items are not allowed on Veuniq. Neither are certain items that are subject to complex legal regulations or registration systems. Because Veuniq is an Indian company, it’s important to abide by the Indian laws as well as laws of the markets in which you are selling. What is legal in one country may be illegal in another. All forms of illegal activity are strictly prohibited. Listings may not facilitate or promote illegal acts.
Counterfeit or unauthorised items are prohibited on Veuniq. We consider counterfeit or unauthorised goods to be items that imitate an authentic good, particularly by using a brand’s name, logo, or protected design without the brand owner’s consent. Examples of prohibited counterfeit or unauthorised goods include replica luxury bags and branded apparel.
Additionally, due to complex legal restrictions that vary by location, Veuniq does not permit the sale of real estate, housing, or motor vehicles (for example: automobiles, motorcycles, boats, travel trailers, etc.).
We require sellers to follow all applicable laws for the items they list.
6. Internationally Regulated Items
Veuniq provides a direct connection between buyers and sellers around the world. If you buy or sell an item from another country, or if you enter into a transaction with someone across international borders, you are responsible for complying with laws and regulations of the country of destination as well as your local laws.
When buying and selling internationally, you should comply with your local laws and be aware that other countries may have their own restrictions. You might be prohibited from exporting or importing certain items under international laws and regulations. Some transactions may require licences, permits, or other documentation. If you have questions about how to comply with the law, we recommend that you speak to a qualified professional.
Veuniq reserves the right to request that sellers provide additional information, disclose an item’s country of origin in a listing, or take other steps to meet compliance obligations.
7. Pornography and Mature Content
As a creative community, we tend to be fairly liberal about what we allow on Veuniq, but we draw the line at pornography. Beyond that, we restrict mature content so that people who are offended by this kind of material don’t have to see it. If you are selling mature content, we ask that you be respectful of differing sensibilities.
Pornography of any sort is prohibited on Veuniq, whereas mature content is restricted.
Although pornography can be difficult to define, an item generally qualifies as pornography when it contains printed or visual material that explicitly describes or displays sex acts, sex organs, or other erotic behaviour for the sole purpose of sexual arousal or stimulation.
We define mature content containing printed or visual depictions of human genitalia, sexual activity or content, profane language, sexual wellness items, violent images , and explicit types or representations of taxidermy. Not all nudity is considered mature. If you find yourself questioning whether your item is mature, then it is likely a good idea to assume that it is mature content, and you should label it as such.
When deciding whether mature content crosses over the threshold into pornography, we take into consideration the explicitness of depictions of sexual activity or content.
8. Violent Items: Items that Promote, Support or Glorify Violence
We want Veuniq to be a safe place for everyone. While violent content can be a legitimate part of historical, educational or artistic expression, it should never be used to promote or glorify violent acts against others.
We do not allow items or listings that promote, support or glorify acts of violence or harm towards self or others, including credible threats of harm.
The following items are not allowed on Veuniq:
- Items that glorify human suffering or tragedies, including items that commemorate or honour serial killers
- Items that attempt to exploit natural disasters or human tragedies
- Items that encourage, glorify, or celebrate acts of violence against individuals or groups
- Items that encourage self-mutilation, starvation or other self-harm
- Items that promote or endorse harmful misinformation
We hope these guidelines are helpful, but we cannot catalogue every permitted or prohibited item. If you see something on Veuniq that appears to violate these rules, you can report it to us. At the bottom of a listing page, you can click Report this item to Veuniq. To report copyright or intellectual property infringement, please follow the instructions in Veuniq’s Intellectual Property Policy.
For all other reports, or for any questions, please contact Veuniq support at [email protected]
This policy was updated on 30 Dec 2020